Home Additions Fairfield & Brisbane
Request a FREE Consultation
Most Trusted Home Additions
Tired of living in a cramped space that you’ve outgrown, but don’t want to leave your current home? Then you’ve come to the right place!
At Hardy Construction, we’re Fairfield and Brisbane’s leading home renovations specialists. And unlike other contractors you might find, we offer everything you need to feel safe with your home addition decision, including:
While the first thing that comes to mind may be an extra bedroom, additions can take all shapes and sizes. Horizontal or vertical builds, sleeping or living spaces – these are all improvements that add square metres of room and make a positive impact on your daily routine and quality of life.
How Do I Know If I Need a Home Addition?
Unsure about whether or not you need a home addition?
Your home should be your sanctuary, and the number one place that you should want to spend your time. If that space is feeling cramped and uncomfortable, it may be time to consider an addition. You should also consider an addition if you recognise any of the following signs.
- Your home doesn’t feel like you: You want your home to feel like an extension of yourself – your personality, your interests, and your personal style. If it doesn’t, then maybe an addition is in order.
- Your home doesn’t serve the functions you need: Does your home serve the functions that you currently need? If you’ve expanded your family or spent many years in it, that may not be the case. An addition can provide the space and organization you need to get it back in order.
- You’re worried about the resale value: Considering selling your home, but unsure that you’ll get the right price? An additional room could be an easy way to add square metres, create new amenities, and increase your home’s overall value.
Looking for more ways to increase your living space? Check out our home renovation service here.
What Are the Costs for a Home Addition?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer here, and the overall cost of your home addition will depend on various factors like the total square metres/size of your renovation, the type of room you’re looking for, like a bathroom, living space, or second floor addition, the complexity of your addition, the material costs, and the labour costs.
That said, you can get some rough numbers by following a simple formula:
How Long Does It Take to Add a Home Addition?
Adding size and scale to your home are by no means quick and easy projects, and they shouldn’t be rushed. However, you don’t want your addition to drag on for months or years, either.
Overall, you should break down the home improvement project into phases. This includes:
- The research phase: This includes collecting design inspiration, interviewing builders, and more. This phase should be taken seriously, since you need a clear vision in order for your addition to be executed properly. Overall, it can take anywhere from two weeks to three months.
- The planning phase: This is when you get all your dreams and visions onto pen and paper to come up with a real plan. This includes a builder consultation, sketches, and overall costs. It should take between two and six months.
- The pre-construction phase: This is when your construction team gets their ducks in a row, getting approvals from various authorities, ordering materials, and getting the team onboarded. This phase can take anywhere from three to six months.
- The construction phase: This is when the magic happens. Depending on the size and complexity of your addition, this phase could take anywhere from four to eight months.
- The post-construction phase: When construction is complete, authorities must sign off and your construction team must make sure that you’re happy with the final product. This can take around three months to complete.
How Can You Identify a Professional Home Builder in Fairfield & Brisbane?
If you want to get your home upgrade done correctly, you need to make sure to hire the right professional. To properly vet any prospects, you should:
If any of the above makes you suspicious, you should make sure you do your due diligence by requesting to see completed work portfolios (you can view ours here), or requesting an itemised quote to see where your money will be spent.
What Warranties Do You Offer?
Any worthwhile contractor will offer both a workmanship and a material warranty. At Hardy Construction, our projects come with a 20-year workmanship warranty. This can help protect you against any unforeseen mistakes or repair needs down the line.
Frequently Asked Questions About Home Additions in Fairfield & Brisbane
Is it cheaper to add to my home’s floorplan or build a new level?
When considering an addition to your Brisbane or Fairfield house, there are two options:
- Building out to make your house wider
- Building up to add a second story or a second-floor addition
There are pros and cons to each option. Building up, for one, will increase your square footage without requiring special concern about zoning problems or losing yard space. That said, additional costs include an additional staircase, structural costs, building permits, and new plumbing needs.
If you build out, on the other hand, it provides less disruption to your existing space during construction. That said, it will require that you pour new foundations, and you will lose additional outdoor space.
Overall, building out is usually less expensive when you are remodeling an existing space, while building up is less expensive if you are building from scratch.
What do I need to know before adding to my home?
Before you break ground on your new addition, you should make sure that you ask yourself all the right questions. For example, you should ask:
Getting clear answers on all of these questions can help ensure that you’re never blindsided – and that you always know what to expect.
How do you effectively plan a home addition?
Ready to get started with planning your addition? Be sure to remain realistic about your budget, consult with experts to make sure that you’re making the best renovation decisions – both for your family’s needs and for your home’s resale value, consider why you want more space, and what’s the best type of space to add.
Why Choose Hardy Construction
As the leading construction professionals, we stand out from the crowd in more ways than one.
Our highly skilled and experienced team installs and works quicker than anyone else in town while taking zero shortcuts along the way.
Our friendly, efficient staff handle the entire approval process, saving you the hassle of paperwork. We strive to make your home improvement process stress free.
We understand you’re investing your hard-earned funds into your home. So we invest our skill, patience, and energy to renovate your home using quality materials.
We offer personalised service to make sure your project your needs and expectations. As partners on your home improvement journey, you’ll be looked after from design to delivery.
Our Latest Projects
Explore our completed projects for insight into the quality of our workmanship, design, and attention to detail. Imagine seeing your home transform like these…
What Our Clients Say About Us
Customer satisfaction is at the heart of what we do at Hardy Construction. Hear what our clients have to say about working with us for their home improvement projects.